We all have those students who need extra help year after year. Sometimes it seems like it take forever for THE lightbulb - that life changing lightbulb that illuminates that reading identity that was always there, hidden in the shadows - to light up. But when it does, my God is it amazing! My district has closed for COVID-19, but I was the luckiest teacher in the world to witness this moment for a second grade student exactly 2.5 hours before dismissal yesterday. “Mrs. Needle,” he said. “I have a question.” I smiled. “What are you wondering about?” I answered. “Why does the word ‘have’ have an E at the end? It doesn’t make the long sound.” My smile grew exponentially. Wow! I thought. This kiddo not only noticed a word pattern totally unprompted, but also 1) noticed a word that deviated from the pattern and 2) remembered his wondering until I came to pick him up for intervention. “K,” I said. “I’m so proud that you noticed that! What a smart question to ask!” I took out my...


Love today’s version!
ReplyDeleteAlways find shamrocks.
ReplyDeleteSlices of two different lives!
ReplyDelete